Saturday, September 25, 2010

Just some stuff for Haven's baby book

So, I'm a bad mom. I have baby books for Nathan, Daniel, and Peter (kinda). Andrew's is mostly blank. Sarah and Rachel have a journal that I haven't updated in about 2 years--I keep meaning to, but I'm just too tired or too busy :( Ethan really doesn't have anything like a baby book. BUT, I probably have more pictures of him than of the others. And, now, Haven's babyhood is going to be documented here on my blog. I'll have to print this out for her someday :)

Anyway, Haven cut her first tooth on my birthday!! Her bottom right tooth has popped through. I'm thinking the other bottom tooth should be coming soon. She's so cute with it--she keeps licking it, trying to figure out what that rough thing is in her mouth :)

Today--the 25th--I had to take her to the doctor to get immunized :( We really don't like to do that before the baby is 2 years old, but pertussis is going around yet again--yippee. The other 7 kids had that last year for Christmas (Merry Christmas!) and we don't need it again. Plus, it's very dangerous for babies. So, we prayed and asked Dr. Joshua (!) and talked and thought and decided that really the decision was quite simple. Haven got her first shot today and will have to go back in 2 months and then again 2 months later. She did soooo well. She didn't even cry--just a tiny little squawk. The nurse gave her a shiny, sparkly silver bandaid :)

While we were at the doctor, he did her 4 month check up (another thing we typically don't do--go to the doctor for well baby visits). Haven is now 26 inches long (started at 19)--the length of an average 6 month old--and she is 17 lbs, 15 ozs (started at 7, 11)--the size of an average 8 month old!!!!!! The doctor actually wants me to stop nursing as much and give her cereal instead because it has fewer calories. Umm, no thanks.

Pictures will be coming soon. With school having started, I don't have as much time in the evenings to upload and blog--I need to correct papers. But, I'll try to get some on here sometime this week.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn said...

So funny about your dr saying to stop nursing because of TOO many calories. Mine would've said to stop nursing John, Jr. because of not enough calories!! :-)