Tuesday, August 17, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PETER!!



Peter is officially 11 years old--wow!! I remember thinking, when holding him for the first time, that he was going to be a perfect boy. (I could blame the drugs that were given to me during childbirth, but there weren't any. His birth was the first natural one for us.) Hmm, what was I thinking?!?! Anyway, no, he's not perfect, but he likes to help in the kitchen. Can't get much better than that :) Now, if he'd only clean up after himself,...might be close to perfection! Here are a couple of pictures of him from today.


He was thrilled to get a birthday banana!!!

Classic Peter face

Another goofy face :)

I like this picture--I think it looks like a senior picture.


I do have some more pictures of some of his presents, but I haven't uploaded them yet. They're coming someday. Peter seemed to enjoy his day--he kept waiting for 9pm (his birth time!). The poor guy had to make his own birthday cake, though!! I'll make him another one later when we have his birthday dinner. For some reason, it is a VERY rare thing at the Weadock house to actually celebrate a birthday on the correct day. I'm not sure why, but it happens most every time. Oh well, maybe we should just label that as our birthday tradition--"we don't celebrate birthdays on your birthday!!" I think we're planning to do it this Friday. We'll see.

I also have about a zillion pictures from the past 2 days. I can't believe this absolutely beautiful weather :) We have gone to the park 3 times in 2 days. Last night, Tom went with us and played soccer with the boys--I joined a little bit, too. I took so many pictures. Then, I took the kids this morning. I thought they would have fun doing their school outside, under a tree. That 'fun' lasted a few minutes. Then, they took off for 'real' fun. They played on the playset and Daniel 'trained' for soccer. He ran laps and sprints and kicked the ball against a wall. Nathan spent his time trying to do strengthening exercises. It was fun and funny to watch. I have pictures of that, too.

So, those pictures should be coming fairly soon. I really want to take advantage of this opportunity to get to bed early tonight. For some reason, Haven has been waking up at 7am for the past week and a half. I so much more enjoyed the 8 and 8:30 waking up schedule. I'm not sure what's happening or why, but I'm tired.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PETER!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday PETER!!
-Mya